The next international World Youth Day will be held January 22-27, 2019 in Panama!
Youth and young adults ages 16 to 35 from around the world will gather for a week of engaging prayer, vibrant liturgy, powerful catechesis with Bishops from around the world, concerts from Catholic artists, and an unforgettable Vigil and Mass with the Holy Father.
Anthem is happy to provide an easier opportunity for you and your youth to travel to World Youth Day 2019. We have contracted with Dube Travel, and worked out the logistics for you! This posting is for YOUTH ONLY.
To sign up for WYD 2019 through Anthem, all under 18's must register with a parent or parish chaperone. Anthem will not be traveling with your group, so your designated chaperone must be compliant with Archdiocese of Philadelphia Child Protection policies. Parents or chaperones will be responsible for under 18 pilgrims at all times.
- Roundtrip airfare (direct flight from Dulles Airport) - 9 nights’ accommodation in Panama City - WYD registration/ journal/ swag - Gamboa Rainforest Resort retreat and beach day - Meals: breakfast daily, welcome dinner, farewell dinner, and meals during WYD - Preparation meeting
•Sunday, Jan. 20: Depart USA and arrive Panama mid-late afternoon. Brief city tour upon arrival. Check into hotel.
• Monday, Jan. 21: Visit to Gamboa Rainforest Resort for Preparation Retreat with Steve Angrisano. Also experience Panama's beauty with visits to Areal Tram, Monkey Island.
• Tuesday, Jan. 22: Morning free to explore; opening Mass later in the afternoon
• Wednesday, Jan. 23: Catechesis and WYD events
• Thursday, Jan. 24: Catechesis in the AM and Papal arrival in the afternoon
• Friday, Jan. 25: Catechesis in the AM and Stations of the Cross in the afternoon
• Saturday, Jan. 26: Departure for Vigil Site and evening Vigil with Holy Father
• Sunday, Jan. 27: Closing Mass with Holy Father and farewell celebration
• Monday, Jan. 28: Beach day
• Tuesday, Jan. 29: Flight back to the USA (flight departs 9:45pm, arrive to Dulles at 3am on Jan. 30th) with transportation back to Philadelphia.
• June 30, 2018 - $150 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot
• Final payment will be due October 1, 2018
• More payment information will be available upon registration